|About the Journal
|Focus and Scope
|Indexing and Abstracting
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
BORNEO ISLAMIC FINANCE AND ECONOMICS JOURNAL
BORNEO ISLAMIC FINANCE AND ECONOMICS JOURNAL (BIFEJ) is a scholarly periodical published by the Faculty of Economics and Islamic Business, IAIN Samarinda. It is a peer-reviewed journal of Finance and Economics Journal, including Islamic Banking, Islamic Capital Market, Islamic Non-Bank Financial Services, Islamic Fintech, Islamic Accounting, Islamic Bussiness, Islamic Management, Islamic Marketing and Islamic Human Resources Management. The journal is published twice, June and December.
Borneo Islamic Finance and Economics Journal indexed in: Google Scholar, Moraref, IPI, ISJD, DAIJ, Crossref, Mendeley, scholarsteer, ISI, issuu, Academia Edu, DRJI, ESJI, citeulike, oalib, Journal Factor, infobase index, AcademicKeys, Universal Impact Factor, tei, dan JIF, onesearch. The Borneo Islamic Finance and Economics Journal editorial board invited you to submit your manuscript to be published in this journal. The writing guidelines attach here.
2. Title Writing, Name, and Address of the Author
The title of the manuscript, author name (without academic degree), and the affiliation address of the author, write on the center text alignment in the first pages, below the title of the article. The spaces between line, title, and author’s name are two spaces. Then, spaces between the authors’ affiliation address and abstract title are one space. The keywords must be written below of the abstract text for each word, arranged in alphabetical order, and separated by a semicolon with the number around three to five words. To the article that writes in Bahasa Indonesia, write the title translation at the abstract beginning that writes in English either (look at the example above).
3. Manuscript text General Guidelines
The manuscript text general guidelines as follows:
- The manuscript text is the original research result that never or has not been published in the other publication media.
- The manuscript text must be original, not plagiarism, and not contain any plagiarism elements. The Editorial Board will be directly rejected the text that indicates of plagiarism.
- The manuscript text that has been written under the guidelines Borneo Islamic Finance and Economics Journal (in Ms.Word format, use this article template) must be an Online Submission System using Open Journal System (OJS) in E-journal portal (https://journal.iain-samarinda.ac.id/index.php/bifej) Then, register as the author in the “Register” bottom.
- The manuscript article writing guidelines and template can be downloaded. Template dan Petunjuk Penulisan Artikel dalam MS Word (.doc).
- The manuscript online submitting guidelines can be found on the part Petunjuk Submit Online below.
- The manuscript text that inappropriate with the Borneo Islamic Finance and Economics Journal writing guidelines will be returned to the author before the reviewing process.
- The manuscript of article submitted in Borneo Islamic Finance and Economics Journal must contain the following components, namely
1) Article title
2) Author name (without title)
3) Author Affiliation
4) email address
5) Abstract and Keywords
7) Literature (optional)
8) Research Methods
9) Result and Discussion
- The manuscript text can be written in Bahasa Indonesia or English with standard language and the minimum page is 15 pages and the maximum page is 25 pages or about 5.000-10.000 words, including pictures and tables. The article ought to write in A4 paper (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 25 mm, right 20 mm, bottom 20 mm, and top 30 mm.
- The text font in Time New Roman, size font 12pt, line spacing 1.
- The words in the unusual or foreign language use Italic format. For the article that writes in Bahasa Indonesia, using some foreign terms or words should be avoided. The new paragraph starting 10mm from the left side border while among paragraphs has no spaces. All number writes in Arabic numbering format, but for the new sentences.
- The tables and pictures placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Every picture must be given a caption (Figure Caption) at the top of the picture and numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Every table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format at the top of the table followed by the table title. The pictures attach should be guaranteed that it can be printed well (font size, resolution, and line size must clear). Picture, table, and chart should be placed in the center between text groups or if it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the center of the page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines allowed, but only for an important point.
Jumlah Kantor BUS & UUS 2014-2018
Sumber: SPS OJK 2014-2018
Hasil Analisis Granger Causality
Null Hypothesis (H0)
Pembiayaan UMKM does not Granger Cause Jumlah Kantor BUS & UUS
Jumlah Kantor BUS & UUS does not Granger Cause Pembiayaan UMKM
Sumber: Data Diolah (2019)
4. Particular guidelines for the body text manuscript writing
Manuscript Title: The title is informative and ought to write briefly and clearly and must pinpoint the issues that will be discussed, it does not allow diverse interpretation. In the beginning, word writes in a capital case and symmetric. The article title does not contain any unusual abbreviations. State your main ideas first and then the explanations. The article title writes in 12 words, size font 12pt, with the bold selection and center text format. While the abstract writes in 100 - 250 words abstract and 3-5 keywords with three to five keywords.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (sort consecutively) general background, literature review (state of the art) as the basis of the brand new research question, statement of the brand new scientific article, and main research problem or the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, establish the purpose of the article writing. In the scientific article format, not allow to write down the references as in the research report, but represent it in the literature review to show the brand new this scientific article.
Research Methods: The method used to solve the problem, including analytic methods. The methods used in the research problem solving writes in this part.
Result and Analysis: The discussion and result contain the research results and the discussion. Write down the discovery results that obtain from the research that was supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be able to answer or the research hypothesis in the introduction part.
Conclusion: This is the final part that contains the research conclusion and advice. The conclusions explain the answers from the hypothesis, the research purposes, and the research discovery. The conclusion does not contain the repetition of the result and discussion, but the summary of the discovery results as the author expected in the research purpose or hypothesis. The advice contains suggestions that associate with further ideas from the research.
References: All the references used in the article must be listed in the reference part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journal and the minimum number is 80% from all references) that published in 10 years. Every article has a minimum of 30 references.
5. Citations and References Writing Guidelines
All the stated data or quotes in the article that took from the other author articles, the author ought to attach the reference source. The references or the citations writes in the description or text by the name of author and year (Irawan and Salim, 1998). If the original author more than two-person, only the first author’s name that writes and followed by “dkk” or “et al” (Bezuidenhout dkk., 2009; Roeva, 2012). All the references that used in the text article must be listed in the reference part, and vice versa, all the references that listed references part must be written in the text (Wang dkk., 2011).
6. Reference Writing Guidelines
The writing format used in Borneo Islamic Finance and Economics Journal is following the format from APA 6th Edition (American Psychological Association).
Churchill, G. A., Surprenant, C., & Surprenant, C. (1982). An Investigation into the Determinants of Customer Satisfaction. Journal of Marketing Research, 19(4), 491.
Dauda, S. Y., & Lee, J. (2016). Quality Of Service And Customer Satisfaction: A Conjoint Analysis For The Nigerian Bank Customers. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 34(6), 842–867.
Kartajaya, H., & Sula, M. S. (2006). Syariah Marketing. Bandung: Mizan.
Kotler, P. dan K. (2008). Manajemen Pemasaran. Jakarta: Erlangga.
Ladhari, R., Ladhari, I., & Morales, M. (2011). Bank service quality: comparing Canadian and Tunisian customer perceptions. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 29(3), 224–246.
Megawati, I. (2017). Jurnal Ekonomi, Bisnis dan Entrepreneurship. Jurnal Ekonomi, Bisnis & Entrepreneurship (Vol. 11). Diambil dari 0
Ningsih, E. R., Sawitri, H. S. R., Harsono, M., & Ningsih, E. R. (2016). Pengaruh Kualitas Pelayanan B2b Perbankan Syari’ah Dan Cultural Fit Pada Kepuasan, Loyalitas, Dan Rekomendasi Positif. Iqtishadia Jurnal Kajian Ekonomi dan Bisnis Islam, 9(1). https://doi.org/10.21043/iqtishadia.v9i1.949
Noviana Putra, I. G., Sudiarta, I. N., & Sasrawan Mananda, I. G. (2016). Pengaruh Kualitas Pelayanan Dan Kepuasan Terhadap Niat Berkunjung Kembali Wisatawan Mancanegara Ke Daya Tarik Wisata Alas Pala Sangeh. Jurnal IPTA, 4(2), 1.
Othman, A., & Owen, L. (n.d.). Adopting And Measuring Customer Service Quality (Sq) In Islamic Banks: A Case Study In Kuwait Finance House. International Journal of Islamic Financial Services, 3(1).
Perekonomian Indonesia. (2016). dari http://www.bi.go.id/id/publikasi/laporan-tahunan/perekonomian/Default.aspx
Priyanto, R. (2016). Pengaruh Kualitas Pelayanan Terhadap Kepuasan Dan Loyalitas Pengunjung Saung Angklung Udjo. Jurnal Pariwisata, 3(1), 29–40.
Putra, I. G. N., Sudiarta, I. N., & Mananda, I. G. S. (2016). Pengaruh Kualitas Pelayanan Dan Kepuasan Terhadap Niat Berkunjung Kembali Wisatawan Mancanegara Ke Daya Tarik Wisata Alas Pala Sangeh. Jurnal Industri Perjalanan Wisata, 4(2), 2338–8633.
Ratnasari, R. T., & Aksa, M. H. (2011). Manajemen Pemasaran Jasa. Bogor: Ghalia Indonesia.
Rianto, M. A. (2012). Dasar-Dasar Pemasaran Bank Syariah. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Rokhman, W. (2016). Pengaruh Biaya, Angsuran dan Kualitas Pelayanan Terhadap Kepuasan Nasabah Pembiayaan BMT di Kabupaten Kudus. IQTISHADIA Jurnal Kajian Ekonomi dan Bisnis Islam, 9(2), 326.
Rostami, A., Amir Khani, A. H., & Soltani, G. (2016). The Impact Of E-Service Quality On The Improvement Of The Level Of Communication With Customers Of Bank Melli Branches In South Tehran affairs Office. Procedia Economics and Finance, 448–445.
Tjiptono, F. (2007). Service Quality & Satisfaction.
Zaini, M. (2015). Konsepsi Al-Quran Dan Al-Hadits Tentang Operasional Bank Syariah. Iqtishoduna: Jurnal Ekonomi Islam, 4(1), 29–50.
7. Online Submitting Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one of two systems (the second procedure will be preferred):
- Submitting documents should be done by Online Submission System in the Borneo Islamic Finance and Economics Journal, E-journal portal HERE.
- First, the author should register as an author or reviewer (checking role as author or reviewer) in the “Register”.
- After registration completed, log in as an author, click in “New Submission”. The article submits stages consist of five stages, such as: (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the “Start” column, chose the Journal Section (Full Article), check all the checklists.
- In the “Upload Submission” Column, upload the manuscript files at MS Word format in this column.
- In the “Enter Metadata” columns, fill out all the author data and affiliation. Following the Journal Title, Abstract, and Indexing Keywords.
- In the “Upload Supplementary Files” columns, allowed to upload supplementary data file or the statement letter or other else.
- In the “Confirmation” columns, if all the data that you enter were right, then click “Finish Submission”.
- If the author has difficulties in the submitting process via an online system, please contact Borneo Islamic Finance and Economics Journal Editorial team at email@example.com
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.