| ..:: MENU UTAMA ::..
|OJS Editorial & Publishing Process|
INASJIF (Indonesian Scientific Journal of Islamic Finance) published by Department of Islamic Banking, The Faculty of Islamic Economic and Business, State Islamic University of Sultan Aji Muhammad Idris Samarinda. The subject covers both textual and empirical, as well as classical and contemporary research on Islamic Finance. Published in Indonesia, it welcomes contributions in English and Bahasa. Papers are peer-reviewed to maintain a high scholarly level. Indonesian Scientific Journal of Islamic Finance is published online twice a year in December and June. The first volume of INASJIF was launched in December 2022. Indonesian Scientific Journal of Islamic Finance openly welcomes scholars, postgraduate students, and practitioners to submit their best research articles that correspond to the topics.
FOCUS & SCOPE
Indonesian Scientific Journal of Islamic Finance openly welcomes scholar, postgraduate students, and practitioners to submit their best research articles that correspond to the topics. This journal covers textual and empirical, as well as classical and contemporary researchers on Islamic finance. Papers are prioritized to but not limited to researchers about Islamic finance in Indonesia. The scopes of accepted papers are:
- Islamic Banking
- Islamic Capital Market
- Islamic Financial Institution (Leasing)
- Islamic Insurance
- Islamic Micro Finance
- Islamic Financial Plan and another theme/scope about Islamic Finance
General Author Guidelines:
- Before submitting, authors must read the , and following all the instructions.
- All The manuscript submitted to the editors is part of the collaborative research of lecturers and students, and has not been published in any other scientific journal in print or online or is not being sent to another journal, proven by filling and submitting the form of Statement and Willingness () approved by the lecturer/supervisor.
- All the manuscripts submitted must use the online submission service with the following address submission online. However, if you don't have an account, you can register yet as an author and filling the form register. Some supplementary documents that must be considered and completed in the Online Submission (Uploaded as a Supplementary File). Originality Statement as Statement and Willingness on PDF format (Download Originality Statement)
- The manuscript is written in Bahasa Indonesia or English which is good, clear, straightforward and concise. The Indonesian language is obliged to refer to the Indonesian spelling general guidelines (EYD in 2000) issued by the Language Center, Ministry of National Education (http://badanbahasa.kemdikbud.go.id/lamanbahasa/sites/default/files/pedoman_umum-ejaan_yang_disempurnakan.pdf).
Manuscript submitted can be modified while in accordance with the format below:
- Title; should be brief, short, clear, and informative which reflect the article content, word of the title should be write with capitalized letter.
- The length is about 3.000-6.000 words, typed 1,5 space, Garamond 12 pt.
- The manuscript must include 150-250 words in abstract and 3-5 keywords.
- Author’s names and institutions; should be accompanied by the author’s institutions or affiliation and email addresses, without any academic titles and/or job titles.
- The manuscript must be submitted in Microsoft Word and according to the following Manuscript Template (Bahasa) or Manuscript Template (English).
- Arabic words should be transliterated according to the style of the International Journal of Middle Eastern Studies.
- This journal uses APA Style 6th edition as reference format writing. We suggest the use of a reference manager software such as Mendeley.
- Submission is written in Bahasa or English with format Ms.Word
- Abstraction should write in English
- Data set must be updated at least until 2019 or 2020
- The paper should never be published in any other journals
- The article should follow a Document Template
- All files should be sent online through the web
INASJIF (Indonesian Scientific Journal of Islamic Finance) is a blind-reviewed journal. We take duties of guardianship over all publishing process and we recognize our ethical and other responsibilities. We are committed to ensuring that advertising, reprint or other commercial revenue has no impact or influence on editorial decisions. In addition, Department of Islamic Banking, The Faculty of Islamic Economic and Business, State Islamic University of Sultan Aji Muhammad Idris Samarinda and Editorial Board will assist in communications with other journals and/or publishers where this is useful and necessary.
This statement clarifies the ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the chief editor, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewers and the publisher (Department of Islamic Banking, The Faculty of Islamic Economic and Business, State Islamic University of Sultan Aji Muhammad Idris Samarinda.).
Author's Code of Ethics
Author's code of ethics aims to give birth to an original work, not a plagiarized work.
In order to maintain the truth and the benefits and the meaning of information disseminated so as not to mislead the writer is expected to:
- Write carefully, thoroughly, and precisely.
- Responsible academically for his writing.
- Benefit the user community.
- uphold the rights, opinions or findings of others.
- Be fully aware of non-infringement.
The author is said to violate the code of ethics when doing:
Data fabrication is to 'fabricate' data or create data that actually does not exist or more generally create fictitious data.
Falsification of data is can mean to change the data in accordance with the wishes, especially to fit the conclusion that 'wanted' taken from a study.
Plagiarism is taking words or sentences or texts of others without giving sufficient acknowledgment (in the citation).
If the authors do plagiarism then he/she is considered to commit an intentional 'persecution' because there is a forced way of taking words/ideas without the permission of the owner.
The classification of plagiarism can be made depending on various aspects of view:in terms of substance stolen,
- From the point of intent,
- In terms of volume/proportion
- Light plagiarism: <20%
- Medium plagiarism: 20-70%
- Severe plagiarism:> 70%
- From the pattern of theft, plagiarism can be done verbatim or can be sourced from various sources and with own words (mosaic).
- Based on the individual source of ideas, there is also known as Auto-plagiarism / self-plagiarism: If the work itself has been published before, then when we take the idea, it should include a reference or citation. Otherwise, this can be regarded as auto-plagiarism or self-plagiarism. This is feared because if intended or later used to add academic credit, it can be regarded as a serious violation of academic ethics.
Someone who does one of three violations of academic ethics (falsification, fabrication, and plagiarism) can be said to have moral defects, especially when viewed through the eyes of religion. Religious value denounces violations as part of dishonesty, theft or taking possession of others without rights.
This writing ethic is related to manners, rules, and writing order. Usefulness of authorship ethics is to prevent misunderstanding, which obscures the messages that the writer desires to express through his/her writings. It is expected that the writing follows the rules of INASJIF. Scientific literature must follow the scientific literature writings' rules and different from popular writing or other writings Misunderstandings are often caused by:
- Unsuitable punctuation placement
- An inappropriate choice of vocabulary
- Ineffective sentences
- Inconsistent paragraphs
- Writing is not easily digested
Posts should pay attention to:
- The use of dots, commas, and other punctuation.
- A series of sentences that are good and orderly, easy to read, easily understood by the reader.
The criteria of scientific writing should be:
- Objective: based on factual conditions,
- Up to date: writing is the development of cutting-edge science,
- Rational: serves as a vehicle for the delivery of mutual criticism,
- Reserved: not overclaiming, honest, straightforward, and not personally motivated,
- Effective and Efficient: writing is a high-powered communication medium.
- The decision of publication; editors should ensure a thorough, transparent, objective, fair and prudent review of the text. It becomes the basis of the editor in making a decision on a script, rejected or accepted. In this case, the editorial board acts as a screening team.
- Publication information; editors should ensure that scriptwriting guidelines for authors and other interested parties can be accessed and read clearly, both printed and electronic.
- The sharing of peer-reviewed manuscripts; editors should make sure reviewers and manuscripts for review, as well as inform the provisions and process of reviewing the manuscript clearly to reviewers.
- Objectivity and neutrality; editors should be objective, impartial, and honest in editing the manuscript, regardless of gender, the business side, ethnicity, religion, race, inter-group, and author's citizenship.
- Confidentiality; editors should keep every information well, especially with regard to the author's privacy and distribution of the manuscript.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; editors should understand the ethics of scientific publications above to avoid any conflict of interest with others so that the process of text publishing runs smoothly and safely.
- Objectivity and neutrality; the reviewer must be honest, objective, unbiased, independent, and only in favor of scientific truth. The process of reviewing the manuscript is done professionally regardless of sex, business side, tribe, religion, race, inter-group, and author's citizenship.
- Clarity of reference sources; the reviewer should ensure that the reference resource/quotation is appropriate and credible (accountable). If errors or irregularities are found in the reference source/quotation writing, the reviewer should promptly inform the editor to be repaired by the author according to the reviewer's note.
- Peer-reviewed effectiveness; the reviewer should respond to the manuscript submitted by the editor and work in accordance with the specified peer-review period (maximum 2 weeks). If additional time is required in the review the manuscript should promptly report (confirm) to the editorial secretariat.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest; the reviewer should understand the ethical publications above to avoid any conflict of interest with others, so the process of publishing the manuscript runs smoothly and safely.
Ethics of Journal Management
- Decision-making; the manager of the journal / editorial board should describe the mission and objectives of the organization, especially those relating to the determination of policy and decision of journal publishing without any particular interest.
- Freedom; journal managers should give the reviewers and editors the freedom to create a comfortable working atmosphere and respect the privacy of the author.
- Warranties and promotions; journal managers must guarantee and protect intellectual property rights (copyright), as well as transparent in managing funds received by third parties. In addition, journal organizers should publish and promote publication results to the public by providing assurance of usefulness in the use of the manuscript.
Disclosure of conflicts of interest; journal managers must understand the ethics of scientific publications above to avoid any conflict of interest with other parties, so the process of publishing the manuscript runs smoothly and safely.
Article Processing Charge
Every article in this Indonesian Scientific Journal of Islamic Finance (INASJIF) doesn't charge the following author fees. It's free for article processing charges. It's also free for submission and publication charges.