Peer Review Process
The submitted manuscript is first reviewed by an editor. It will be evaluated in the office, whether it is suitable for Journal of Kalimantan International Journal focus and scope or has a major methodological flaw and similiarity score by using Turnitin. The manuscript will be sent to at least two anonymous reviewers (Double-blind peer review). Reviewers' comments are then sent to the corresponding author for necessary actions and responses.
The suggested decision will be evaluated in an editorial board meeting. Afterwards, the editor will send the final decision to the corresponding author. Utilizing feedback from the peer review process, the Editor will make a final publication decision. The review process will take approximately 4 to 12 weeks. Decisions categories include:
- Reject - Rejected manuscripts will not be published and authors will not have the opportunity to resubmit a revised version of the manuscript to Journal of Kalimantan International Journal.
- Resubmit for Review– The submission needs to be re-worked, but with significant changes, may be accepted. However, It will require a second round of review.
- Accept wtih Revisions - Manuscripts receiving an accept-pending-revisions decision will be published in Journal of Kalimantan International Journal under the condition that minor/major modifications are made. Revisions will be reviewed by an editor to ensure necessary updates are made prior to publication.
- Accept - Accepted manuscripts will be published in the current form with no further modifications required.
Kalimantan International Journal, is a peer-reviewed Education Research Journal managed by Indonesia Approach Education and published by Faculty of Teacher Training and Education Muhammadiyah University of Makassar and can work with other publishers to improve the quality of education. Kalimantan International Journal is published regularly six times a year, start year since 2021 (January, March, May, July, September & November), with the minimum number of 5 articles to be published in each issue.
All articles sent to Kalimantan International Journal must be the original work of the author or be free of plagiarism. Articles sent to Kalimantan International Journal have never been and have not been posted in any media. The author is responsible for the authenticity of the manuscript sent. All incoming manuscripts will be authenticated to prevent plagiarism by using Turnitin or anti-plagiarism software up to 20%.
Articles in Press (Online First)
Articles in press are peer reviewed, accepted articles to be published in this publication. When the final article is assigned to volumes/issues of the publication, the article in press version will be removed and the final version will appear in the associated published volumes/issues of the publication. The date an article was first made available online will be carried over. Please be aware that, although articles in press do not have all bibliographic details available yet, they can already be cited using the year of online publication and the DOI, as follows: author(s), article title, Publication (year), DOI.
Please consult the journal’s reference style for the exact appearance of these elements, abbreviation of journal names and use of punctuation.
There are three types of Articles in Press:
- Journal pre-proofs: versions of an article that have undergone enhancements after acceptance, such as the addition of a cover page and metadata, and formatting for readability, but are not yet definitive versions of record. These versions will undergo additional copyediting, typesetting and review before being published in final form, but are provided to give early visibility of the article. Please note that, during the production process, errors may be discovered which could affect the content, and all legal disclaimers that apply to the journal pertain.
- Uncorrected proofs: articles that have been copy edited and formatted, but have not been finalized yet. They still need to be proof-read and corrected by the author(s) and the text could still change before final publication.
- Corrected proofs: articles that contain the authors' corrections. Final citation details, e.g. volume and/or issue number, publication year and page numbers, still need to be added and the text might change before final publication.
Editors, Peer-reviewers, and Proofreaders from Kalimantan International Journal are permitted to submit articles in this journal with the following conditions:
- The Editor and Peer-reviewers of Kalimantan International Journal who submit articles to this journal will be released temporarily from the editorial process (especially in their manuscripts) starting from when they submit the article. This policy is included in the decision to publish articles (accepted without revisions, accepted with minor revisions, accepted with major revisions, or rejected) at least 1 issue/number.
- The Editor and Peer-reviewers of Kalimantan International Journal who submit articles are not permitted to interfere in the editorial process of the edition/number when the article is sent to Kalimantan International Journal.
- Every editorial process will be carried out by another Editor, Peer-reviewer so that the process continues without problems.
- There is no special treatment for the Editor and Peer-reviewers of Kalimantan International Journal who submit articles to Kalimantan International Journal.
Journal Scientific Statement
Articles published in Kalimantan International Journal Journal are proven scientifically following the ethical code of scientific publications. The code of ethics itself upholds three ethical values in publications, namely, (1) Neutrality (free from conflicts of interest in managing publications); (2) Justice (giving authorship rights to the recipient as a writer); and (3) Honesty (free from duplication, forgery, forgery, and plagiarism) in publications. Published articles also follow certain procedures or orders, such as double-blind reviews and revision processes that are consistent with regular journal reviews, to ensure that the quality is well maintained.
Reference Management Software
All articles sent to Kalimantan International Journal must use reference management software (e.g., Mendeley, EndNote, and Zotero) with APA style quote, 7th Ed.
Kalimantan International Journal is stored in a digital archive to ensure long-term digital preservation. These archives include:
- Indonesia One Search
- Garuda (Digital Referral Guard)
Kalimantan International Journal's Documents
- ISSN Print
- ISSN Online
- ISSN Print Statement Letter
- ISSN Online Statemen Letter