Focus and Scope
Qonun Jurnal Hukum Islam dan Perundang-undangan is an open access, peer-reviewed journal which aims to offer an international academic platform for Islamic legal stuidies. It encompeasses research articles, both normative-doctrinal and empirical, in the dicipline of Islamic law that includes:
- Constitutional Law and Administrative Law
- Human Rights and Religious Freedom
- Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqih)
- Islamic Legal Theory (Ushul al-Fiqh)
- Law in Modern Muslim World (Legislation/Codification, Statues, Regulations, Legal, Professions, and Institutions)
- Comparative Law, Law & Religion, or Law & Society which interest with Islamic Law
Qonun: Jurnal Hukum Islam dan Perundang-undangan was established in 2020 and is affiliated to the faculty of Sharia and Law, UINSI Samarinda. Academic quality and the international character of the journal are guaranteed by editorial board, which consists of national and foreign experts in all specializations of Islamic legal studies.
Peer Review Process
Qonun Jurnal Hukum Islam dan Perundang-undangan maintains the standards of peer review while enhancing the efficiency of the process.
All manuscripts published in Qonun Jurnal Hukum Islam dan Perundang-undangan undergo a full peer review, key characteristics of which are listed below:
- All submissions are firstly evaluated their suitability and eligibility in terms of the journal's focus and scope as well as academic writing standards by the journal's handling editor. Inappropriate manuscripts to the journal criteria are rejected promptly without external review.
- After passing the in-house editorial evaluation above, all manuscripts are then reviewed by at least two suitably qualified experts.
- All publication decisions are made by the journal's Editor in chief on the basis of the reviews provided.
- Members of the international editorial Boards give insight, advice, and guidance to the Editor in chief generally and to assist decision making on specific submissions.
- Managing Editors provide the administrative support that allows the journal to maintain the integrity of peer review while delivering rapid turnaround and maximum efficiency to authors, reviewers, and handling editors alike.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.